Park Jung Min ( Hangul:
박정민; Hanja : 朴政珉,
Kana : パク・ジョンミン)
was born on 3 April
1987. He is a South
Korean entertainer and
member of boyband
SS501 . He made his
musical debut in Grease
and was the first SS501
members to debut as a
solo artist with his single
album Not Alone.
Park Jung Min was born
and grew up in Seoul. He has two older siblings, a brother and a sister, neither of whom work in
the entertainment industry. Before his debut, he was once
became a commercial model for condoms.
When he was 13 years old, he was scouted by an agency and was
accepted by both DSP Media and S.M. Entertainment. At that time, S.M. Entertainment told him that they were preparing a new group,
but that the group consisted of many members, which according to Jung Min was probably Super
Junior since he saw them rehearsing too. Jung Min eventually chose DSP Media because he believed that he would debut faster through DSP.
Park Jung Min attended at Dongguk University Teacher’s College High School , where he was the student council president
with fellow SS501 member Kim Hyung Jun . However, because of Kim Hyung Jun’s constant absence from school due to his training with DSP Media , which later became their agency, Jung Min said that he had never met Hyung Jun before SS501 was
See also: SS501
He debuted with SS501 on 8 June 2005 as the low vocalist, and was the second to audition for the group.
Park along with the other members of SS501, except for Young Saeng , who was recovering from surgery, lent their voices to the Korean version of 2006 animated film Pi’s Story.
In 2006, Park hosted radio programme SS501’s Youngstreet on Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) with fellow band member Heo Young Saeng beginning 1 May
2006. Then continue to host with Kim Kyu Jong, another of his band
mates, when Heo left the programme on 21 August 2006, due to a throat condition requiring laryngeal surgery.
Park starred in two television programmes:
• Human Theater 2010 , playing himself as the main character, and
• What Women Want. In
2008, he made his musical debut in Grease, playing the lead role,
2010: Solo artist
• In June 2010, upon the expiration of Park’s contract with DSP Media, he signed with CNr Media
• on 10 August 2010, a company jointly set up by Taiwanese producer Comic-Ritz and Korean Roy Media, to embark on his solo career. CNr Media stated that SS501’s activities are top priority
in his contract and that they have not disbanded.
Park released his debut solo mini album, Not Alone , on 20 January 2011, and visited Taiwan and Singapore to promote it. His albums are distributed in Taiwan by Sony Music Taiwan.
• In April 2011, Park performed with Japanese duo Mihimaru GT at a UN Charity Concert in Yokohama , Japan to aid victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.
2012: Fondant Garden , Lawsuit against CNr Media, Beautiful single album
• In February 2012, Park starredf alongside Jian Man Shu, Kingone Wang and Lia Lee , in Taiwanese
drama Fondant Garden, playing the lead role of Park Hee Hwan. Between 2 and 7 April, Park participated in Dominic’s Way fashion show during the 2012 Seoul Fashion Week, for designer Song Hye-myung, who designed SS501’s clothes for their Destination mini album jacket. He
was dressed as vdette in a dark angel attire with spreading wings.
• On 12 April, Park filed an injunction at Seoul Central District Court against his agency CNr Media to cancel his exclusive representation contract, citing improper distribution of profits.
A source close to Park said:
“The exclusive contract with CNr
Media stated that the profits would be divided 8- to- 2 for those coming from Korea and 5- to-5 for those coming from overseas, but the profits were never distributed except for the ₩150 million given since last year.”
According to another media source, Park departed from CNr Media in March 2012 but continued with his schedule in Japan on 14 April despite the injunction.
After the lawsuit, Park Jung Min debuts in Japan using the name of
‘Romeo’ under Victor Music. He releases two albums named Give Me Your Heart and Tonight’s The Night in September and October respectively.
Afterwards, he returned to Korea to continue his music career as ‘Park Jung Min’ and releas his self-
produced single album entitled Beautiful . At the end of the year, he released the full length Japanese album Midnight Theatre as Romeo. In his ‘Face Off Concert’ at the Tokyo Dome City
Hall, he performs as both, ‘Park Jung Min’ and ‘Romeo’.
2013: Performances and Tours
• On February 9, Park Jung Min attended and performed at the 2013 ‘StarHub TVB Golden Viva
Spectacular’ together with Sistar. U-Kiss and more, that was initially
filmed during the 31st of January at the Seoul Student Jamsil Gymnasium. The performances was broadcast simultaneously in Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong to celebrate the Lunar New Year with their Hong Kong fans.
• On February 14, he held a press conference at the Sony Music Square in Tokyo about his upcoming concert tour. He announced that he will be having 8 performances in total, starting on March 19 in Fukoka, March 21 in Osaka, March 22 in Tokyo, and March 23rd in Nagoya. His shows will have a different concept-though: light/dark; good/ bad concept. In particular, he will perform by the name “Park Jung Min” during the day, then changing his persona to “Romeo” when the night comes.
Wacth Not Alone
Source : Wikipedia